Monday, May 13, 2013

BoLA Musings > Happy Mother's Day!

Mom & Me, circa 1979
Mom & Me, circa 1979

A friend asked, "Is this you and your mom, or you and your son?"

I love that she asked, because I never get told that I look like my mom.

My mom is beautiful, with big round eyes, a petite frame and a dazzling smile. I have my dad's nose, his small almond shaped eyes, and have inherited my family's premature gray (really, it's like salt and pepper) hair. I always get told that I look just like my dad.

But here, maybe it's the vintage Kodak print, the oversized 70s sunglasses or her downward glance... I see a little bit of me holding my son in her loving hold of me.

A Resemblance
Do you see a resemblance?

I think it's pretty clear from my baby photos that Chase looks a lot like me - something that makes me laugh inside. Knowing that there's a mini-me in the world. I can only hope, though, that he grows into a tall, handsome man - much like MS. (Especially since I'm 5'2" and I'm one of the taller ones in my family!)

So on my second Mother's Day weekend, we celebrated with our families, homemade cards and comforting eats of Thai and Chinese food. My white chocolate dipped fortune cookie fortune from Panda Inn?

"Enjoy the good luck a companion brings you."

So true. Thank you MS for being my companion and love in life! We got lucky when we were blessed with our healthy, beautiful and silly boy!

Family Photo
Our Little Family

Happy Mother's Day, every day!

2 comments:

Passionate Eater said...

Wow, the resemblance is pronounced! He is beautiful, just like Mama Bola. Happy Mother's Day and congratulations on the new home!

BoLA said...

Thanks PE! Hope you're well! Hugs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...