Monday, January 03, 2011

My Guilty Pleasure: Magnolia Bakery

Gingerbread cupcake, Magnolia Bakery
Gingerbread cupcake with meringue buttercream

Lemon cupcake, Magnolia Bakery
Lemon cupcake with lemon meringue buttercream

After making strawberry cupcakes last summer, I fell in love with meringue buttercream and can't get enough of its light and smooth texture and tastes. Not too sweet, not too heavy; it's the perfect pairing for a cupcake.

So whenever I'm in the neighborhood, I make it a point to stop at Magnolia Bakery for one of their delectable treats. Usually, I don't have the willpower to wait until I get home and before I know it, I'm steering with one hand while the other grabs a bite on the go.

Photo of the Love Note Box from: www.magnoliabakery.com

This year for Valentine's, I'm hoping my husband surprises me with a delivery of this incredibly adorable Love Note Box filled with only the best cupcakes from Magnolia's. He'll have to order early since there are limited quantities for this special little package wrapped in pink tulle.

Sometimes a little direction helps...

Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

Magnolia Bakery
street: 8389 W. 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048
tel: 1.310.951.0636

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...