Thursday, March 01, 2007

Oprah's "Secret" and Two Scoops of Gelato Making Me a Better Person

Pazzo Gelato

I want to be the bigger person. I want to let go of the hurt. I want to forgive.

But this is what initially came out instead...
I usually don't post anything on here that's remotely about my personal life, and I would consider myself a lover rather than a hater. But I love my family. I love my friends. And when they're lied to, cheated on, and intentionally hurt, you've crossed the wrong Scorpio.

Karma's a real b--ch, and I know it's not good to wish ill on anyone. But is it so wrong to hope that one day she melts like the Wicked Witch of the West and disappears entirely?
And then I wonder... is it worth it?

Several weeks ago, Oprah shared The Secret that has been transforming lives for years - not a new concept, but something that's sometimes difficult to do. After all, it is easier to focus on the negative than what's really good in your life.

So when I force myself to stand back, I have to wonder if there's really an Elphaba underneath all that misunderstood green. And I may not understand why, how, or what's next, but I do know a few things. It's because of her that I'm closer to the ones I love. I'm much more aware of how important family and my very best friends are in life because when the sh-t hits the fan, they're the ones there to help clean up the mess and have fun at the same time.

Life is just way too short so you might as well live it up, eat well, and have two scoops of Pazzo Gelato. I prefer Strawberry Chocolate Chip and Blueberry.

Pazzo Gelato
street: 3827 w sunset blvd, b/t hyperion & lucile aves.
tel: 1.323.662.1410
street parking & small lot

currently listening to:
"A House is Not a Home"
by Luther Vandross

7 comments:

Juicy Juice said...

"Not forgiving someone is like drinking poison hoping the other person dies..."

That hit me like a tons of bricks!

Muah,

Juicy Juice

GT said...

More ice cream talk! Less Oprah! :)

Passionate Eater said...

I completely agree. And yes, what comes around goes around, and all you can do is to support your friend and love him or her through this ordeal. That woman will get what she deserves.

Taste-Buzz said...

The universe has a way of unfolding as it should.

BoLA said...

Hey JJ! Can't wait to see the DVD with you!!! Love you!

Hey GT! It's gelato.... much better stuff than your Scoops of ice cream. ;)

Hey PE! Thanks for the words of support! They're much more appreciated than you know!!!

Hey T-Buzz! Nicely put. I completely agree with you. :)

dear droolpillow said...

It is sometimes through the hardest times in life where one can learn some of its most beautiful and often simple lessons.


there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, where ever that may be.

BoLA said...

Hey MS! I'm glad that you're my sunshine in all the craziness! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...